2020 was a challenging year to say the least. Our organization was hit hard by having to cancel our largest fundraiser of the year and we faced some extra hard goodbyes to two beautiful boys. But we were also blessed with incredible community support and bright and hardworking staff members with a positive attitude.
So let’s take a look back at 2020 and reflect on all the wonderful things that did happen:
1. We started the new year by sharing our completed mini documentary on the Trudel’s and their little boy Thomas. This little boy was a huge inspiration to our organization and his community. If you missed it, click here.
2. Our staff came together to support one another. We created our #WeHaveHope campaign to share all the wonderful things our staff were doing and our community were doing. Including businesses such as the Everyday Kitchen who donated $10,000 to not only us, but many other non-profits in the community!!
5. Our staff remained positive through all the chaos by looking for the silver linings such as:
- Being able to take on new roles and spend time with kids they normally wouldn’t.
- Finding joy in the simple things such as planting gardens, going for walks, and enjoying all the fun that can be had in our own backyard.
- Having time to slow down and appreciate time spent with family.
- The joys of working from home!!
6. Had more time to focus on new endeavors such as creating blog posts, improving our recruitment methods, and saying some extra special thank you’s to the amazing businesses that support us.
7. We managed to still have some outstanding fundraising totals!!
- SWTS Regina. The event didn’t even happen, but because of our incredible supporters, we raised $69,300!
- Prince Albert Golf Tournament: $14,000
- Hope the Hippo: $58,350
- Right before the world shut down, we squeezed in SWTS Prince Albert: $110,000
8.And lastly, we celebrated a huge milestone for our organization – we turned 15!!
We are looking forward 2021 with a positive mindset as we see light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccine on its way. We are wishing all the best to everyone in the new year and hope it brings bigger, better, and brighter things.