Temporary Part Time Developmental Worker
Reference Number: 20210503.02
The Developmental Worker works with children one-on-one to establish a nurturing relationship that is based on trust and understanding. This position helps develop individualized plans for children with complex medical or behavioural needs to get them as involved in activities as possible, while making sure they comfortable and safe.
The Developmental Worker assists in providing integrated programming for all children in our care, at times working one-on-one with children to support personal care & development. DWs contribute to an environment that promotes learning, individuality, growth and development while upholding the highest standard for childcare. Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with team to develop/implement integrated programming for children in a multi-aged home/daycare.
- Provide programming and environment that promotes development of all children’s physical, emotional, social, communicative, cognitive and creative skills, while preserving their safety, health and well-being
- Document developmental milestones for each child, set goals and create action plans
- Promotes inclusion through engaging children’s interactions with one another and involvement in the community.
- Maintain a warm, caring, and responsive relationship with every child as well as a cooperative partnership with families
- Contribute to a collaborative working relationship between the team, outside agencies, and community services.
- Participate in on-going professional development, training and staff meetings.
- Displays professionalism, leadership, awareness, and appreciation of diversity
- Work as a team player and accountable in independent decision making
- Able to work effectively with different behavioral and/or physical disorders
- Physical ability to maneuver equipment required by children (lifts, wheelchairs, standing frames, etc.)
- Completion of at least one of the following programs:
- Disability Support Worker Program
- Education Assistant Program
- Rehabilitation Worker Program
- Recreational Therapist Program
- Kinesiology Degree- Adaptive Physical Activity
- ECE Certificate OR other relevant and applicable education with diverse needs, with minimum 1 year of experience.
- Current First Aid/CPR Training.
- Legally Entitled To work in Canada
- Vulnerable Sector Check Required
- Criminal Record Check Required
- Physically able to safely work with objects or persons of varying sizes. Handling ~100 lbs occasionally; ~50 lbs regularly; and ~25 lbs continuously.
Preference will be shown to those with the following:
- Ventilator experience/training
- Mandt System training
- Transfer, lifting, and reposition training
- Sign Language training
- Learning Language and Loving it Training
Job Type: Temporary Part Time. Monday – Friday, 4 hour shifts.
Salary: $17.37/hr – $20.14/hr, depending on education and experience.
Location: Regina North
Application Deadline: May 10th, 2021
Start Date: May 12th, 2021