Physical Development Consultant
Reference Number: 20220726.02
The Physical Development Consultant cares for medically fragile children who have diverse physical and mental needs. This role also provides individual and specialized physical therapy programming to meet the growth and developmental needs of these children.
The Physical Development Consultant shall:
- Work collaboratively with outside professionals.
- Perform physical therapies, implement programming, and maintain accurate records/data pertaining to the development of children.
- Attend to adapted equipment needs (i.e., walker, standing frame, etc.) for use in daily therapy programming and report problems or concerns to supporting professionals, supervisors, and parents.
- Attend children’s appointments at designated rehabilitation centers (where applicable).
Why choose Hope’s Home?
Hope’s Home offers unique and competitive benefits, beyond just monetary value. We believe that organizational culture is the most important factor and we work hard to make sure it is top-notch and suited for everyone. A glimpse at some of our benefits:
- Be confident in your job, knowing that you have the full support of your team and access to the resources you need. Hope’s Home prides themselves in being a team-oriented work environment.
- Have the opportunity to create strong bonds and relationships with the children you work with and experience the pride and happiness when they accomplish their goals.
- Health and dental is 100% covered by Hope’s Home. We also offer long term disability, life insurance, and critical illness packages.
- With education being a main philosophy, we greatly encourage professional development opportunities, and we make it as easy as possible to access them.
- We are a family first working environment. This means we understand that things happen, and situations need to be dealt with. Whether that’s a family emergency or a minor crisis – you can ask for the time you need, stress free.
- 25% off discount for childcare services and first priority admission so you can work without the stress of traditional childcare fees.
- You pick your pension contribution (between 1-5%) and Hope’s Home will match it up to 5%. Meaning you could be putting away an extra 5% of your earnings for FREE.
- Assist Developmental Workers using developmental assessments and anecdotal records to document developmental milestones, set goals, and create action plans for future development.
- Develop and participate in Enhanced Accessibility grant meetings.
- Work with children’s support teams (parents, nurses, educators, etc.) to develop Personal Program Plans (PPP) and program activities to help meet personal development goals.
- Assist Early Learning and Childcare Manager in maintaining full capacity on Enhanced Accessibility grant spaces (typically 25% of licensed daycare spaces).
- Assist Early Learning and Childcare Manager in interviewing and hiring Developmental Workers.
- Thoroughly train Developmental Workers in their job role and duties.
- Communicate with supporting professionals and maintain up-to-date records on children’s therapy programming.
- Evaluate needs for developmental supplies and equipment.
- Maintain current communications with home, school, and outside agencies regarding development goals and care plans.
- Review, update, and print therapy sheets monthly.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities.
- Degree in Physiotherapy, Kinesiology, or Recreational Therapy.
- Physical Therapy Assistant experience or experience in another related therapy program.
- Certifications: First Aid, CPR
- TLR training would be an asset.
- Possess the ability to handle physically demanding and challenging tasks.
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 8 hour shifts.
Salary: Starting at $21.08/hr
Location: Regina South Early Learning & Childcare Centre
Application Deadline: August 16th, 2022