Early Childhood Educator/Developmental Worker
Reference Number: 20230104.02
The Early Childhood Educators/Developmental Workers assist in providing integrated programming for all children in the classroom, at times working one-on-one with children to support personal care & development. Early Childhood Educators/Developmental Workers contribute to an environment that promotes learning, individuality, growth and development while upholding the highest standard for childcare.
Why choose Hope’s Home?
Hope’s Home offers unique and competitive benefits, beyond just monetary value. We believe that organizational culture is the most important factor and we work hard to make sure it is top-notch and suited for everyone. A glimpse at some of our benefits:
- Be confident in your job, knowing that you have the full support of your team and access to the resources you need. Hope’s Home prides themselves in being a team-oriented work environment.
- Have the opportunity to create strong bonds and relationships with the children you work with and experience the pride and happiness when they accomplish their goals.
- Health and dental is 100% covered by Hope’s Home. We also offer long term disability, life insurance, and critical illness packages.
- With education being a main philosophy, we greatly encourage professional development opportunities, and we make it as easy as possible to access them.
- We are a family first working environment. This means we understand that things happen, and situations need to be dealt with. Whether that’s a family emergency or a minor crisis – you can ask for the time you need, stress free.
- 25% off discount for childcare services and first priority admission so you can work without the stress of traditional childcare fees.
- You pick your pension contribution (between 1-5%) and Hope’s Home will match it up to 5%. Meaning you could be putting away an extra 5% of your earnings for FREE.
As an Early Childhood Educator/Developmental Worker, you will be responsible for learning both roles and coming in when needed. An Early Childhood Educator provides integrated programming for all children in our early learning and childcare centre, including children with complex medical needs; and a Developmental Worker works one-on-one with children to create nurturing relationships that assist in growth and development.
Responsibilities for this casual position include:
- Collaborate with team to develop/implement integrated programming for children in a multi-aged early learning centre.
- Provide programming and environment that promotes development of all children’s physical, emotional, social, communicative, cognitive and creative skills, while preserving their safety, health and well-being.
- Document developmental milestones for each child, set goals and create action plans.
- Maintain a warm, caring, and responsive relationship with every child as well as a cooperative partnership with families.
- Contribute to a collaborative working relationship between the team, outside agencies, and community services.
- Participate in on-going professional development, training and staff meetings.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities.
- Reading text
- Oral communication
- Working with others
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Job task planning and organizing
- Able to handle physically demanding and challenging tasks
- Strong interpersonal and public relation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Displays professionalism, leadership, awareness, and appreciation of diversity
- Work as a team player and accountable in independent decision making
- Able to work effectively with different behavioral physical disorders
- Physical ability to maneuver equipment required by children (lifts, wheelchairs, standing frames, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- Legally Entitled To work in Canada
- Vulnerable Sector Check Required
- Criminal Record Check Required
Completion of (at least) one of the following:
- Disability Support Worker Program
- Education Assistant Program
- Rehabilitation Worker Program
- Recreational Therapist Program
- Kinesiology Degree- Adaptive Physical Activity
- Early Childhood Educator Certificate OR other relevant and applicable education with diverse needs, with minimum 1 year of experience.
Preference will be shown to those with the following:
- Ventilator experience/training
- Mandt System training
- Transfer, lifting, and reposition training
- Sign Language training
- Learning Language and Loving it Training
- Grade 12 and university students welcome. Experience with diverse needs is a must
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Shifts: Monday to Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Salary: Starting at $14.55/hr
Location: Warman Early Learning & Childcare Centre
Application Deadline: January 30th, 2023