Early Childhood Educator
Reference Number: 20220907.01
A role model, a teacher, a friend.
As an Early Childhood Educator at Hope’s Home, you will get to fill many different roles as you help educate and develop the young minds of the children you care for.
You get to be a role model for Hope’s Home’s philosophies. You will show the kids that diversity is what makes our world interesting and fun; that everyone can participate, but some just need an extra hand; and most importantly, you will show them that everyone is deserving of love and respect.
You get to be a teacher in many different avenues. You will teach them manners, the excitement of learning, how to count, the joy of reading, that sharing is caring, and overall helping to shape them into the amazing young boys and girls they will grow up to be.
And lastly, you get to be a friend. You will inspire their curiosity, encourage them to explore, learn alongside them, and be there for them when they need an extra hug or a “you can do it.”
Being an Early Childhood Educator is already an amazing and rewarding career, and if you come join our Hope’s Home family, we know you will find that and so much more.
Why choose Hope’s Home?
Hope’s Home offers unique and competitive benefits, beyond just monetary value. We believe that organizational culture is the most important factor and we work hard to make sure it is top-notch and suited for everyone. A glimpse at some of our benefits:
- Be confident in your job, knowing that you have the full support of your team and access to the resources you need. Hope’s Home prides themselves in being a team-oriented work environment.
- Have the opportunity to create strong bonds and relationships with the children you work with and experience the pride and happiness when they accomplish their goals.
- Health and dental is 100% covered by Hope’s Home. We also offer long term disability, life insurance, and critical illness packages.
- With education being a main philosophy, we greatly encourage professional development opportunities, and we make it as easy as possible to access them.
- We are a family first working environment. This means we understand that things happen, and situations need to be dealt with. Whether that’s a family emergency or a minor crisis – you can ask for the time you need, stress free.
- 25% off discount for childcare services and first priority admission so you can work without the stress of traditional childcare fees.
- You pick your pension contribution (between 1-5%) and Hope’s Home will match it up to 5%. Meaning you could be putting away an extra 5% of your earnings for FREE.
Education and Development.
- Plan and provide daily experiences and programming that support and promote each child’s physical, emotional, social, communicative, cognitive, and creative skills.
- Protect and promote the psychological and physical safety, health and well-being of each child being cared for.
- Spend time one-on-one with the children in hopes to develop a sincere, understanding, and loving relationship with each child.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with each member of the Hope’s Home team, outside agencies, and community services.
- Continue your education by participating in professional development days and courses to expand your knowledge.
- Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play, and music.
- Program Planning: Along with daily activities, you also get to organize outings in the community, special activities such as Sports Day or Carnival Day, and centre events such as a car wash, bake sale, or family barbecue.
Hope’s Home Philosophies.
- Learn how we define inclusion and incorporate that value into your day-to-day activities. Plan outings where all children, regardless of their ability or complex medical need, can participate; alter activities and program plans to accommodate all ability levels; and collaborate with your co-workers when you need extra support.
- Listen to the kids’ ideas and interests and plan your classroom activities around them using the Project Approach and Play and Exploration.
- Let the Reggio philosophy guide your teaching by understanding that children have a hundred languages and a hundred more as long as we allow them the opportunity to express their thoughts through play.
- Understand that every child has the ability to succeed, and that you have an opportunity to find different methods and resources to help them get to their full potential.
- Experiment with your classroom set up so that all invitations are open ended, there is opportunity for creativity and exploration, and it provides an educational environment.
- Work, play, and educate effectively with a variety of behavioral and physical needs.
- Play an integral part of the child’s development by keeping track of developmental assessments and anecdotal records to document milestones, set goals and create action plans for future development.
- Complete Kindergarten readiness checklists, and Behaviour Intervention Plans (BIP) (when applicable).
- Document children’s learning on projects so it can be shown to management and communicated to the parents.
- Communication is key. Keep in contact with parents and caregivers during drop offs and pick ups to explain concerns, accomplishments, or events.
- Responsible for recording programing dollar expenditures monthly.
- Completion of Early Childhood Education Level 3
- Current First Aid/CPR Training.
- Experience with Emergent Curriculum and the Reggio Approach, an asset.
- Physically able to safely work with objects or persons of varying sizes. Handling ~100 lbs occasionally; ~50 lbs regularly; and ~25 lbs continuously.
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Shifts: 8 hour shifts, Monday to Friday
Location: Regina North Early Learning & Childcare Centre
Application Deadline: September 30th, 2022
Not sure if this position is the right fit?
Check out this testimonial from Jess Hoffman, who has been an ECE at Hope’s Home for over 10 years!
“The main reasons I’ve worked at Hope’s Home for so many years is the children and our inclusive programs. Our programs support every child and are set up to include everyone no matter your ability. The best part of this is watching the children reach milestones and build relationships with each other. Nothing is more gratifying than watching a child succeed and concur challenges all while having fun with their peers. The amazing staff are the other reason I have worked for Hope’s Home so long. It’s like a family here and everyone is here for the same reason, to support the kiddos. Working in this field is challenging at times but is also the most inspiring and rewarding job I’ve ever had.”
Need even more convincing? Call your local centre today to set up a tour so you can see just how magical the working environment at Hope’s Home truly is.