Reference Number: 20221124.01
The Developmental Worker works with children one-on-one to establish a nurturing relationship that is based on trust and understanding. This position helps develop individualized plans for children with complex medical or behavioural needs to get them as involved in activities as possible, while making sure they comfortable and safe.
Why choose Hope’s Home?
Hope’s Home offers unique and competitive benefits, beyond just monetary value. We believe that organizational culture is the most important factor and we work hard to make sure it is top-notch and suited for everyone. A glimpse at some of our benefits:
- Be confident in your job, knowing that you have the full support of your team and access to the resources you need. Hope’s Home prides themselves in being a team-oriented work environment.
- Have the opportunity to create strong bonds and relationships with the children you work with and experience the pride and happiness when they accomplish their goals.
- Health and dental is 100% covered by Hope’s Home. We also offer long term disability, life insurance, and critical illness packages.
- With education being a main philosophy, we greatly encourage professional development opportunities, and we make it as easy as possible to access them.
- We are a family first working environment. This means we understand that things happen, and situations need to be dealt with. Whether that’s a family emergency or a minor crisis – you can ask for the time you need, stress free.
- 25% off discount for childcare services and first priority admission so you can work without the stress of traditional childcare fees.
- You pick your pension contribution (between 1-5%) and Hope’s Home will match it up to 5%. Meaning you could be putting away an extra 5% of your earnings for FREE.
- Collaborate with the team to develop/implement integrated programming for children in a multi-aged home/daycare.
- Provide programming and environment that promotes development of all children’s physical, emotional, social, communicative, cognitive and creative skills, while preserving their safety, health and well-being.
- Document developmental milestones for each child, set goals and create action plans.
- Promotes inclusion through engaging children’s interactions with one another and involvement in the community.
- Maintain a warm, caring, and responsive relationship with every child as well as a cooperative partnership with families.
- Contribute to a collaborative working relationship between the team, outside agencies, and community services.
- Participate in on-going professional development, training and staff meetings.
- Completion of at least one of the following programs:
- Disability Support Worker Program
- Education Assistant Program
- Rehabilitation Worker Program
- Recreational Therapist Program
- Kinesiology Degree- Adaptive Physical Activity
- ECE Certificate OR other relevant and applicable education with diverse needs, with minimum 1 year of experience.
- Current First Aid/CPR Training.
- Physically able to safely work with objects or persons of varying sizes. Handling ~100 lbs occasionally; ~50 lbs regularly; and ~25 lbs continuously.
Job Type: Temporary Full Time
Term End Date: February 6th, 2023
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 8 hour shifts between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Location: Warman Early Learning & Childcare Centre
Salary: Starting at $17.37/hr
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2022