Casual Developmental Worker
Reference Number: 20210917.01
The Developmental Worker works with children one-on-one to establish a nurturing relationship that is based on trust and understanding. This position helps develop individualized plans for children with complex medical or behavioural needs to get them as involved in activities as possible, while making sure they comfortable and safe.
- Collaborate with the team to develop/implement integrated programming for children in a multi-aged home/daycare.
- Provide programming and environment that promotes development of all children’s physical, emotional, social, communicative, cognitive and creative skills, while preserving their safety, health and well-being
- Document developmental milestones for each child, set goals and create action plans.
- Promotes inclusion through engaging children’s interactions with one another and involvement in the community.
- Maintain a warm, caring, and responsive relationship with every child as well as a cooperative partnership with families.
- Contribute to a collaborative working relationship between the team, outside agencies, and community services.
- Participate in on-going professional development, training and staff meetings.
- Completion of at least one of the following programs:
- Disability Support Worker Program
- Education Assistant Program
- Rehabilitation Worker Program
- Recreational Therapist Program
- Kinesiology Degree- Adaptive Physical Activity
- ECE Certificate OR other relevant and applicable education with diverse needs, with minimum 1 year of experience.
- Current First Aid/CPR Training.
- Physically able to safely work with objects or persons of varying sizes. Handling ~100 lbs occasionally; ~50 lbs regularly; and ~25 lbs continuously.
Job Type: Casual.
Shifts: Days, Evenings and Nights.
Location: Prince Albert Supportive Living
Salary: Starting at $17.38/hr
Application Deadline: November 5th, 2021