Reference Number: 20200807.203
Hope’s Home provides childcare services & supportive living homes for children with complex medical needs across SK. Our unique programs allow passionate individuals to make a difference in their communities. Visit our website for more information.
Hope’s Home operates in Regina, Saskatoon, Warman and Prince Albert. Our various locations will have an ongoing need for motivated individuals who are interested in joining our team to support our operations during this time. Temporary and casual Nurse positions may come available at any given time; therefore, we are hoping to establish an ongoing list of qualified individuals who are willing and able to work casually and/or as needed on what could be short notice.
The Nurse cares for the medical needs of children in our supportive living home and daycare centers, working in a team environment to provide individually assessed care that meets the evolving needs of each child with complex medical needs. Shifts vary (days, nights, evenings, weekends, holidays).
- Provide medical care within the scope of practice per valid license, as outlined in SALPN/SRNA/RPNAS competencies.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations including government regulations and nursing competencies.
- Direct care for children, applying nursing intervention and therapies, general childcare duties and anything required to provide a safe and nurturing environment.
- Provide holistic care and advocate for children with complex medical needs in collaboration with both internal and external care providers.
- Program admission duties.
- Organize/maintain information in medical charts.
- Attend children’s appointments, report to other care providers as necessary.
- Assist in management, providing guidance to support staff and intervening in emergency situations.
- Periodic review of policies and procedures surrounding nursing, training, etc.
- Independently oversee environment when necessary with the support of on-call management.
- Mentor/train students/new hires.
- All other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities.
- Certifications: CPR, TLR.
- Practicing license: SALPN, SRNA or RPNA.
- 2 years of pediatric experience preferred.
- Ventilator experience an asset.
- Physically able to safely work with objects or persons of varying sizes, handling ~100 lbs occasionally; ~50 lbs regularly and ~25 lbs continuously
Job Types: Casual, Temporary
Salary: $31.49 /hour
SHA’s cohorting restrictions do not apply, as Hope’s Home is not considered a long term care facility
Preference will be given to those who have the above-stated qualifications, and upon interviewing, emerge as the most suitable candidate for the position