Reference Number: 20200807.401
Hope’s Home provides childcare services & supportive living homes for children with complex medical needs across SK. Our unique programs allow passionate individuals to make a difference in their communities. Visit our website for more information.
Hope’s Home operates in Regina, Saskatoon, Warman and Prince Albert. Our various locations will have an ongoing need for motivated individuals who are interested in joining our team to support our operations during this time. Temporary and casual ECE positions may come available at any given time; therefore, we are hoping to establish an ongoing list of qualified individuals who are willing and able to work casually and/or as needed on what could be short notice.
Early Childhood Educators provide integrated programming for all children in our early learning and childcare centre, including children with complex medical needs, creating an environment that promotes learning, individuality, growth and development while providing the highest standard of childcare.
- Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music.
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities.
- Prepare progress reports and discuss with parents and other staff members.
- Plan and develop child care and nursery school programs.
- Assess the developmental level of children.
- Supervise staff, trainees or volunteers.
- Maintain day care supplies and equipment.
- Assist in housekeeping duties.
- Assist in maintaining records of children.
- Basic security clearance.
- Criminal record check (abstract).
- Child abuse registry check
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities.
- Early Childhood Education Level 1 mandatory.
- Current First Aid/CPR Training.
- Experience with Emergent Curriculum and the Reggio Approach preferred.
- Ability to handle physically demanding and challenging tasks.
- Physical ability to perform and safely work with objects or persons of varying sizes; exertion of 100 lbs of force occasionally, 50 lbs of force regularly and 25 lbs of force continuously is required.
Skills and Abilities.
- Reading text
- Oral communication
- Working with others
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Critical thinking
- Continuous learning
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver’s licence
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree
Job Type: Casual, Temporary
Salary: $14.55 – $17.33 /hour (Depending on Certifications / Experience)