Casual ECE/Developmental Worker
Reference Number: 20210125.01
The Early Childhood Educators/Developmental Workers assist in providing integrated programming for all children in the classroom, at times working one-on-one with children to support personal care & development. ECE/DWs contribute to an environment that promotes learning, individuality, growth and development while upholding the highest standard for childcare. Shifts will vary from 7 am to 6:00 pm, M-F.
As an Early Childhood Educator/Developmental Worker, you will be responsible for learning both roles and coming in when needed. An ECE provides integrated programming for all children in our early learning and childcare centre, including children with complex medical needs, creating an environment that promotes learning, individuality, growth and development while providing the highest standard of childcare.
The Developmental Worker at times works one-on-one with children to support personal care & development.
Responsibilities for this casual position include:
- Collaborate with team to develop/implement integrated programming for children in a multi-aged early learning centre.
- Provide programming and environment that promotes development of all children’s physical, emotional, social, communicative, cognitive and creative skills, while preserving their safety, health and well-being.
- Document developmental milestones for each child, set goals and create action plans.
- Maintain a warm, caring, and responsive relationship with every child as well as a cooperative partnership with families.
- Contribute to a collaborative working relationship between the team, outside agencies, and community services.
- Participate in on-going professional development, training and staff meetings
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities.
- Reading text
- Oral communication
- Working with others
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Job task planning and organizing
- Able to handle physically demanding and challenging tasks
- Strong interpersonal and public relation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Displays professionalism, leadership, awareness, and appreciation of diversity
- Work as a team player and accountable in independent decision making
- Able to work effectively with different behavioral physical disorders
- Physical ability to maneuver equipment required by children (lifts, wheelchairs, standing frames, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- Legally Entitled To work in Canada
- Vulnerable Sector Check Required
- Criminal Record Check Required
Completion of (at least) one of the following:
- Disability Support Worker Program
- Education Assistant Program
- Rehabilitation Worker Program
- Recreational Therapist Program
- Kinesiology Degree- Adaptive Physical Activity
- ECE Certificate OR other relevant and applicable education with diverse needs, with minimum 1 year of experience.
Preference will be shown to those with the following:
- Ventilator experience/training
- Mandt System training
- Transfer, lifting, and reposition training
- Sign Language training
- Learning Language and Loving it Training
- Grade 12 and university students welcome. Experience with diverse needs is a must
Job Type: Casual
Job Details: Monday – Friday, shifts between the hours of 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
Location: Regina North
Apply By: February 28th, 2021 – 3 positions available