One-on-One Behavioural Support Worker
Reference Number: 20220510.03
The One-on-One Support Worker provides behavioral and emotional support for a child with medical complexities. By demonstrating a willingness to learn, confidentiality, and a strong sense of integrity, the One-on-One Support Worker will have the opportunity to become a pivotal family member and support in the child’s life.
Supported closely by Recreational Programmers and Nurse Supervisors, this position is a valuable team member in our Supportive Living home. They will attend all school and care related meetings to ensure the child’s overall needs are met. Their hard work and close relationship with the child will create a safe and loving space to foster the child’s growth and development within the home.
The One-on-One Support Worker is responsible for the day-to-day personal care for the child. This includes, but is not limited to, getting them involved in recreational activities; executing their therapies, care plans, and routines; and coordinating with the care team to accomplish the child’s development goals.
- Certifications: First Aid, CPR
- Able to remain calm and collected in high stress situations.
- Enjoys a challenge and a very rewarding experience.
- Able to work effectively with different behavioral and physical disorders.
- Physical ability to maneuver equipment required by children (lifts, wheelchairs, standing frames, etc.)
- Completion of one or more of the following:
- Education Assistant Program
- Disability Support Worker Program
- Recreational Therapist Program
- Kinesiology Degree
- ECE Certificate or comparable with diverse needs (min. 1 year experience)
Job Type: Casual
Salary: Starting at $21.08/hr
Location: Regina Supportive Living
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2022
Number of Available Positions: 2